Wednesday 29 June 2016

Melbourne Travel Diary Day 2

Ayeeee, 
I am back with more walk-down-my-Melbourne-memory-lane ! 
I am here to tell you about my Melbourne Day 2  (17th of Feb)
So continue from my Day 1.

(For some reason blogger displays pretty bad quality of my photos, click on one of the photo to see it with higher quality ) 

Melbourne weather is crazy. During our stay in Melbourne, the temperature dropped so dramatically that I was literally shivering while the wind blowing at my face. Just to show my footage completely, i am going through my photos chronologically.

We got up and got ourselves out and about at 9am in the morning. And thats probably why my photos look pre dead and miserable with barely any humans on the street. I actually quite liked how quite it was though. Cos i get to take proper photos of the city without pedestrians unintentionally walk into my lens !

Our plan was to visit Queen Victorian Market as recommended by someone who I no longer remember. Since I am writing this 4 months later. It was a cool as market though, there are fresh fruits, vegetables, souvenir, accessories, clothing and heaps more interesting things. We didn't know they don't accept cards, so we prepared no cash at all. Thank god, there were ATM machines around.


Rainy and cold day in Melbourne Summer 

Just as empty as I wished







On our way to the market 

-------------Queen Victoria Market------------

just a typical tourist photo at the entrance of a place to prove
that I have actually been there and done things 

It got me excited 

"true happiness comes from fresh juice," said me

a little too happy 




nope, not my coffee, trying posing with it HAHA
 i can't drink coffee cos i'm caffeine intolerant 


After we had lunch at a spanish place i believe. A quick snap of what i ate. 
Garlic prawn with some bread. Plain. very plain. 

-----------------Melbourne Museum-----------------

After a short Queen Victoria Market visit, we went to Melbourne Museum, and saw some pretty awesome building 


finally, some good self-photo, since i was the main photographer
of the group, I barely got chance to have good photos of myself.
Thank god, those were decent enough 








And Yes, photos pass this point were taken at the Museum, Melbourne museum is so much bigger than Brisbane one. And it's got a lot more interesting things to see as well! Therefore, we spent basically most of our time in museum until they close. 

just to start you off with a selfie ;) 









I was too touched by those two illustrations above because those two artworks were done by a depressant, who had so much crazy thoughts and in the caption, it explains how no one really understand depression and mental problems. I kind of do. and I kind of feel them, because I've had quite stressful time in my life, and i know that's probably nothing when in comparison to what depressants have to go through. I just thought it's such a beautiful thing to see. Those two illustrations basically vividly depict what depressant's situations are like.  









This is probably the coolest section of the museum.
Look all those animals behind her !! 










my face is saying: " COLDDDDD." 




------------------Shrine of Remembrance---------------

Afte a quick rest at our hotel, we decided to finish our night off, we will visit the Shrine of Remembrance: "The Shrine of Remembrance, located in Kings Domain on St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Australia was built as a memorial to the men and women of Victoria who served in World War I and is now a memorial to all Australians who have served in war." Here yo go google definition. 

We went to Shrine of Remembrance around 6.30pm Melbourne time. Oh story time: while on our way to there, I lost my friends by using my hotel keycard to tap off tram instead of Myki. I stood on the tram and furiously tapping off thousand times before the tram closed it's door. I was totally embarassed of the situation when i realised i used the wrong card to tap off and was so determined to keep trying... HAHHA. And what's more funny was that Sarah and Anh did not turn their heads and had no idea i didn't got off the tram. HAHA they probably just assumed i was following them closely behind which i totally wasn't. Luckily i got off at the next stop, and what's funny was that i reached Shrine of Remembrance way before them. What a beautiful coincident, made me get to it first. ;) 







You can basically see the whole city from there



I mean, she looks pretty nice in this photo but no,
she wasn't satisfied with my photography
Sarah tried to get me a beautiful side photo but it turned out pretty fail. HAHA 

  I guess, Bae had the best angle especially that nice sunlight shine into her.
Nice photo Sarah ! 
And that concludes Day 2, as I've said, our schedule was pretty well planned, we had so many places to visit and we actually did. We were also planned to go on the skydeck Melbourne but ended up cancelling that because we were tired from our packed plans.

Anyways, Day 3: Sovereign Hill + Night Queen Victorian Market is coming up

XOXO
Bye. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am healing with my butterfly

Photo by Fleur on Unsplash Few days after you left me, I have realised something, I lost me and I need to do something. A but...